Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8th Final Post! Last But Not Least!

This is my last blog post. It feels good to be done with this part of the project. I have been waiting to get this over with for a while now, but now that I look at the other things I have to do, this was the easiest. The compare/contrast part is a little bit bigger than I had planned and now I have to go trough the book again and write out other compare/contrast things down for the chart. It is going to be a bit of a struggle.

I found that in the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver connects with my project in a few ways. First, was how at the beginning of the book they moved away from a city of what the whole family was so used to. As in making a big change and going into a new element or enviornment. I feel like I did that with starting my job. I was never used to working and with being spoiled and being pushed to get a job was a challenge. It was me going in to a whole new enviorment, something I was never used to. I am used to getting things given to me on a silver platter without having to lift a finger and by me getting a job was different. The people in the book and I were both making drastic new chnages, for the better.

Another way we connected was the discipline to only eating things that they had grown and only buying itmes form a store that onyl sold locally grown foods. They stuck to that, which is hard from making the change from going to the store and buying salty, fatty chips and candy to only eating what you could grow. That shows disipline and strength, which i believed is what i had by getting the job and working a lot. I had to have self disipline ti go to work and not skip out just becuase my friends called me and wanted to hang out. I had to have disipline not to call in and stay at home to sleep in. I had to have it in order to keep my job and be as good as an employee that I am.

This is my last blog. I am really glad to be signing off for good and get started on my other essays. See you all in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment